Trending Topics NASA Mars Idaho influenza Red Planet

Number of Phone Charger Fires Increasing, Investigators Warn

Nov 20, 2016 07:35 AM EST

A few months ago, Samsung suffered a massive loss when the first batch of units released for their flagship phone Samsung Note 7 was recalled due to unprecedented heating up, exploding, and burning. Lately, there had also been a few recorded incidents when the newly released iPhone 7 was reported to overheat and exploding as well.  Since this issue of safety has reached international media, everyone who owns a phone basically fears for the worst that could happen.

According to authorities, there has been an alarming increase in the number of mobile-caused fires and explosions for the past year. Investigations were conducted, and they have observed that the common trend is that phones usually overheat when left to charge overnight or for long periods of time.

A report from Mirror UK said that one cause of this might be faulty chargers. There was even an incident when a charger completely burned an entire home. Upon investigation, they have discovered that a certain plugged charger from one of the bedrooms exploded and spread fire throughout the home. There had also been reports that a certain woman from Australia was burnt in the arm when she accidentally fell asleep while her gadget was charging.

Local authorities advised cell phone owners to always purchase chargers from reputable sources and educate themselves in their proper use. They also reminded users to unplug chargers before going to bed and never leave gadgets plugged unattended for extended periods of time. It is important to note that regardless of the type of brand or unit, this kind of accident could happen anywhere.

© 2017 All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Conversation

Email Newsletter
About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms&Conditions
Real Time Analytics