Diarrhea-causing parasite called cryptosporidium are contaminating several swimming pools in Phoenix, Arizona, affecting over 100 people since the parasite was first reported earlier in August.
An alarming "crypto" outbreak was declared by the health officials last Aug. 11 in Ohio, due to more than 100 cases reported linked to the illness.
Be careful when prepping your pool for this Summer season. Nearly 5,000 emergency room visits in the United States are caused by pool chemicals annually, a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) finds.
Taking a dip in your local public pool this summer might not be so appealing now that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) report that nearly 60 percent of public pools contain a detectable amount of bacteria found in human feces that can cause rashes and infections.