The Giant Hogweed plant, or Heracleum mantegazzianum, may look innocent enough on the exterior, but just one touch of its leaves, stems, or flowers could leave you blind and with skin burns. The plant has been discovered in two northern Indiana counties.

WISH TV reports the state Department of Natural Resources is warning Indiana residents to stay away from the Giant Hogweed after it was found in St. Joseph and Kosciusko counties.

"We are trying to get rid of it, Philip Marshall, Division Director for the Indiana Department of Natural Resources Division of Entomology & Plant Pathology, according to the report. "It has a big flower and there are a lot of look alikes."

The real danger with these giant hogweed's can be found in its oil. The combination of the oil and direct sunlight can result in blistering, Marshall told WISH. He says sap from the plant contains toxins that cause a skin reaction to ultraviolet rays.

The giant hogweed's sap is "clear and watery," but possesses toxins that can cause phytophotodermatitis, a condition that causes the skin to react to ultraviolet rays. If not treated quickly with soap and water, the affected skin can develop an itchy, burning inflammation, complete with blisters, discoloration, and scarring, the Washington Post reports.

In case of accidental contact with a Giant Hogweed, officials advise to immediately wash the skin and watch out for any delayed reaction.

Don't expose the area you believe to have been affected to sunlight for at least 48 hours. Wash your eyes with water and wear sunglasses. They advise to seek a medical's opinion to confirm there has been no infection.