An average of 32 calls a day, or one call every 45 minutes were made to US Poison Control Centers reporting children who were exposed to prescription opioids.
Global warming has been affecting different members of the environment, including shellfish. A new study has revealed that the warming waters could trigger the rise of toxins in shellfish, which is a health hazard for humans.
Clostridium perfringens responsible for the recent food contamination that killed three people and sent over two dozen other to hospitals.
Nearly 3,000 communities have significantly higher records of lead poisoning rate than what occurred during the Flint water contamination crisis.
If she had eaten a little more, her heart could have stopped beating and she could have died immediately.
The number of children under the age of six being exposed to packet or non-packet forms of laundry and detergents in the United States is steadily increasing at an alarming rate, study shows.
Dangerous levels of domoic acid, a naturally occurring neurotoxin from algal blooms, have been detected in Dungeness and rock crabs caught along the coast of California.
Illegal marijuana farms in forested areas of California are threatening the survival of a rare weasel-like species known as fishers.
While evolving with specialized defenses has helped animals escape predation, long-term risks need to be considered. The simple act of camouflage or mimicry, which sufficiently confuses prey, doesn't seem to have backfired, but the use of chemical defenses has. In fact, some amphibians that release lethal toxins to kill predators are now at a higher risk of extinction.
Toxins from algal blooms in the Chesapeake Bay may affect human and marine species' health.
On Wednesday, at the UN General Assembly, 22 countries took pledges to take major steps to fight one of the world's most dangerous pollutant emissions. However, were not talking about greenhouse gasses here. Instead, these nations are aiming to address mercury pollution.
Since the change of medical marijuana in Colorado, a growing number of young children have been treated for accidentally eating marijuana-laced cookies and candies, according to a new study by medicos from the University of Colorado.